If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Terms and Conditions of Rental
Requirements for the Rentee:
- The Rentee and any additional drivers must be 21 or older and have at least 2 years of driving experience.
- The Rentee and any additional drivers must have valid identity documents: passport/ID card, driving licence and penalty-point card. Foreigners must have an international driver’s licence or a legalised translation of their original driving licence. (The original driving licence must always be provided too).
- A partial or full prepayment of the rental price must be made when booking, with any balance paid when picking up the car. A security deposit must also be provided when picking up the car.
Please note: Identity documents and driving licences must be valid throughout the rental period.
What the rental price includes:
- Car rental
- Third-party liability insurance
- Standard CDW + TP coverage
- Full vignette (road tax) for Bulgaria
- Unlimited distance
- Airport fee
- Winter tyres (1 November – 31 March)
- Replacement car if the rental breaks down due to normal wear and tear or a factory defect
- Free cancellation (up to 72 hours before rental)
- 20% VAT
- Any fees for paying by Visa or Mastercard are included in the price
Minimum rental period: 48 hours. If a customer makes an enquiry for a period shorter than 48 hours, the rental price will be calculated for a full 48 hours. If the car is returned after the agreed period without prior notification of the renter, the customer will be charged as follows: up to 1 hour – half a rental day; 1 to 4 hours – one rental day; 4 to 24 hours – two rental days, more than 24 hours – double price for every additional day.
The car is provided with the available fuel in the tank,according to the contract,must be returned as well. If the car is not returned with the available fuel in the tank ,the customer will pay a “missing fuel” charge of € 1.20 per litre.
When renting a car, the Rentee must put down a deposit by a debit or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) issued in their name. The card must be valid at least until the end of the rental period.
The deposit amount depends on the car class and coverage type selected by the customer.
If “Going Abroad” is chosen, the deposit will be doubled.
If the customer is a young driver, the deposit will be doubled.
Credit/Debit Card Pre-Authorisation and Cancellation of Pre-Authorisation:
On the day you pick up the car, the deposit amount will be blocked (pre-authorised) on your credit/debit card and then unblocked (the pre-authorisation will be cancelled) as soon as the car is checked upon its return.
Method of Payment
When booking, you can make a partial prepayment (20% of the final price) or a full prepayment:
- by credit/debit card
- by bank transfer
- in cash at one of our offices
Once your card is charged, the name of our company, Devil M Ltd or VIVORENT.BG, will come up on your statement as the reason for payment. If a partial prepayment is made, the Rentee must pay the remainder when picking up the rental. Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, bank transfer or in cash.
The prices shown on our site are in EUR and BGN. Payments are made in Bulgarian levs at the Bulgarian National Bank exchange rate.
Coverage and Insurance
- Third-party liability – included in the price and mandatory in Bulgaria
- CDW + TP – collision damage waiver (CDW) or theft protection (TP) up to the deposit amount. Only valid if you provide a traffic police report when you return the rented car documents and keys. Not valid if the driver has used drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants, or committed a traffic offence. Included in the rental price.
- Glass COVER&Tyre (G&T) – releases the Rentee from liability for damage to tyres, wheels, rims and windows when they return all car documents and keys. Not valid when driving after using alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants. Additional optional charge.
- VIP PROTECTION – includes T&G and also releases the Rentee from liability for damage to the car exterior certified by a report of the Traffic Police, Police or any other competent authority.
Confirmed bookings may be cancelled/changed free of charge up to 72 hours before the start of the rental period. If the booking is cancelled/changed less than 72 hours before the start of the rental period, a fee of 20% of the final rental price will be charged, but no less than the rental price for 1 day.
If the customer is forced to cancel their booking at the last minute (less than 72 hours before the start of the rental) due to the declaration of a state of emergency and the closure of borders in their country and consequent cancellation of their flight, the free cancellation period of the booking will be extended until the time the car is picked up.
If such a booking is cancelled, no fee will be charged and the entire prepayment will be retained as credit for a future rental. The prepayment will not be refunded, but the customer will be issued a virtual voucher at the prepayment value. This voucher can be used for future rentals within 24 months.
If the customer’s flight is cancelled due to the imposition of a state of emergency and the customer is unable to use the rental car, but does NOT notify the RENTER before the start of the rental period, the prepayment will be withheld in full.
If the Rentee does not show to pick up their booked car within 4 hours after the agreed rental time, the booking will be considered cancelled and the prepaid amount will be withheld in full.
For all “no shows”, when the car booking is not cancelled in advance, the amounts paid by the Rentee are non-refundable and the booking will be removed from the car work schedule. “No show” means a situation where the Rentee:
- wishes to cancel the booking, but does not notify us before the rental period starts;
- is, for some reason, unable to pick up the car at the agreed date and time and fails to notify the Renter thereof. Exceptions are made for Rentees who have indicated that they will arrive by airplane and have provided the flight number, and they show up late due to a delayed flight;
- fails to provide a valid ID card, driving licence, international driving licence and penalty-point card, which are required when the car is picked up;
- does not have sufficient funds to pay the full price of the booking and/or is unable to put down the deposit required for the relevant car class.
Changes to Upcoming Bookings
The Rentee may make changes to the booking by email request or by calling our head office. Confirmed bookings can be changed free of charge up to 72 hours before the start of the rental period.
If the rental period is changed, the rental price will be recalculated at the current prices for the new period.
Booking Change/Extension after Start of Rental Period
If the Rentee wishes to extend their booking, they must request this in writing, at least 24 hours before the expiration of the contract. The extension of the term of the contract and, accordingly, the Rentee’s use of the car will only become valid upon receipt of written confirmation from the Renter and if payment for the extension is made within 24 hours. When extending a booking, the price is calculated according to the current price list, based on the total number of rental days. We recommend you ask for an extension of your booking as early as possible due to the risk of running out of stock. If the customer does not pay for the extension before the expiration of their current contract, they may be subject to the penalties for delay specified in the Terms and Conditions of the rental contract.
When the rental includes going abroad, an administrative fee of € 20 will be paid for extending the validity of the power of attorney by up to 7 days. If the period is extended by more than 7 days, the documents required to go abroad must be reissued and a new one-off fee must be paid according to the price list.
IMPORTANT After the Renter confirms the rental may be extended, the Rentee must pay for the additional rental days within 24 hours of receipt of the confirmation to confirm the extension of the contract. The extension will be confirmed only after payment is received within the period mentioned above, but no later than the date and time until which the contract is valid. After making the payment, the necessary documents will be available at the office where the car was provided. VIVO Rent A Car is not responsible for any consequences if the customer fails to show to pick up the documents.
Tyre & Glass – Additional Cover Charge
This can be added to the contract at the customer’s request when making the booking or picking up the car from our office, as well as during the rental period. A new contract and certificate of delivery and acceptance will have to be drawn up to reflect the change.
The Tyre & Glass option has the following benefits:
- The deposit will be refunded in case of damage to car tyres, wheels, rims and windows
- The customer is exempt from paying an administrative fee in the event of an accident where only car tyres, wheels, rims or windows are affected
VIP PROTECTION – Additional Cover Charge
This can be added to the contract at the customer’s request, when making the booking or picking up the car from our office, as well as during the rental period. A new contract and certificate of delivery and acceptance will have to be drawn up to reflect the change.
The VIP PROTECTION option has the following benefits:
- The deposit will be refunded in case of damage to car tyres, wheels, rims and windows
- The deposit will be refunded if the car is stolen
- Replacement car to be used only in Bulgaria
- Free road assistance in case of damage or fire on the territory of Bulgaria
- The customer is exempt from paying an administrative fee in the event of an accident
- In case of damage to 2 adjacent components without deformation or loss of structural integrity, the Rentee’s deposit will be refunded in full without having to provide proof of the event
If there are damages other than those described above, the VIP PROTECTION option will only apply to damages certified by a report drawn up by the Traffic Police, Police or another competent authority in accordance with the Road Traffic Act and other regulations or by another document serving as proof of the event and provided that the RENTER is notified of the incident no later than 24 hours after its occurrence.
CROSS BORDER Charge
Upon prior request and approval, rentals can be taken outside Bulgaria to its neighbouring countries (Greece, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Romania and the European part of Turkey). An administrative fee will be charged depending on the rented car class. The indicated administrative fee applies to visiting one of the countries listed above. For any subsequent country, the customer will pay an additional 50% of the charge for the first country.
After confirmation by VIVO Rent A Car, the Rentee must send a scanned copy of the driving licence, penalty-point card and passport details (required for the issue of the necessary documents) at least 3 business days before the start of the rental period. Limitations may apply.Rentals can be taken into countries other than the above after express confirmation by the Renter. A custom quote for the administrative charge and deposit will be prepared.
Additional Driver Charge
When picking up the car, the Rentee and any additional driver who will drive the rented car must personally show the following valid documents: driving licence and penalty-point card, ID card or passport valid until the end of the rental period. Each additional driver needs to be registered in the contract and sign a copy thereof. All drivers are jointly and severally liable during the rental.
Young Driver Charge
Rentees aged 21 to 23 are treated as a “Young Driver”. If at least one of the drivers is a “young driver”, the following conditions apply:
- The Rentee may drive a limited number of car classes as follows: EDMV, EDMR, HDMV, HDMD, EWMR, CFMR, CDMR, IDMR, EDAR, HDAR, HDAV, IDAR and MCAE
- An additional fee of EUR 6 per day will be charged
- The deposit will be doubled
OOH (out-of-hours) Charge
When picking up or return of the car during non-working hours an additional fee “OOH” in the amount of 10 € for service in the time interval between 6:01 pm – 9:59 pm and 6:00 am -8:59 am ,and 20 € for service in the time interval between 10:00 pm – 5:59 am for manipulation .Customer service outside the working hours for the specific office hours is performed only by prior request.
During the public holidays of Easter, Christmas (24, 25 and 26 December), New Year (31 December and 1 January). When picking up or returning a car during public holidays, an additional EUR 20 fee will be charged for handling purposes.
From 31 December 19:00 to 1 January 10:00, the offices of VIVO Rent A Car are not open to customers.
Delivery or Collection and One-way Rental
VIVO Rent A Car has a network of offices serving customers at all international airports, city offices in Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas and Varna, as well as seasonal offices on the Black Sea coast.
You can rent a car from any VIVO Rent A Car office and return it to the same or another company office (an additional One-Way Rental fee will be charged). You can find a list of all addresses here.
On request a vehicle can be delivered and picked up in other city or office of VIVO Rent A Car. Examples for one way rentals:
|Pick up Drop off||Amount|
|Sofia Burgas||€ 110|
|Sofia Varna||€ 120|
|Sofia Plovdiv||€ 0|
|Sofia Bansko||€ 80|
|Sofia Borovets||€ 65|
|Sofia Pamporovo ||€ 100|
More about One-way rentals can be seen here.
You can also book a car to be delivered to a hotel, flat, car repair shop or any address. Locations for example:
|Sofia – Airport||€ 0|
|Sofia – Delivery to address||€ 15|
|Plovdiv – Airport||€ 0|
|Plovdiv – Office||€ 0|
|Plovdiv – Delivery to address||€ 10|
You can view a detailed list here.
If the car is returned to the place of delivery, a second fee will be charged.
An additional fee is charged per day as follows:
|Option||Price per Day||Maximum Price|
|Additional driver||€ 1,00||€ 30|
|Child seat||€ 2,00||€ 40|
|Booster seat||€ 2,00||€ 25|
|Ski rack (if available)||€ 4,00||—|
|Snow cables/chains ||—|
|GPS navigation||€ 2,00||€ 40|
|Mobile WiFi HOTSPOT||€ 2,00||—|
After prior written request by the RENTEE and written approval by the RENTER, the advertising stickers can be removed from the booked car. There is a one-off € 20 fee.
VIP Loyalty Program
The VIP Program is designed for our regular customers. With a personal account, you can easily manage your bookings via on site.
VIVO Rent A Car gives discounts to its loyal customers. After their second confirmed booking, the Rentee will be registered on our website and receive the following discounts for subsequent bookings:
- After 2nd confirmed booking – 5%
- After 3rd confirmed booking – 10%
- After 6th confirmed booking – 15%
You can see more about our loyalty program here.
What is not covered by insurance and additional charges
- Missing parts or accessories (optional features)
- Damage to the car interior
- Missing or damaged personal belongings of the rentee
- Damages resulting from a traffic offence
- All types of damage sustained while the car was driven by a person not registered in the rental contract
- Any damage sustained after the end of the rental period specified in the contract
Rights of Rentee
- If there was a delay in renting the car due to a fault of the Renter, the Rentee has the right to ask for the rental period to be extended by the same period as the length of delay
- If the Rentee is unable to rent the car they have booked on time due to a fault of the Renter, the former has the right to request a refund of part of the prepayment in proportion to the period of delay. If the Rentee cancels the services due to a delay by the Renter, the prepayment must be refunded to the Rentee
- If the Renter cannot provide a car for a confirmed booking, the Renter has the right to request a free upgrade or refund of the prepayment made by them
- No other compensation is available
Responsibilities of Rentee:
- To comply with the Road Traffic Act
- To ensure the safety and security of the rented car
- To keep the car securely locked
- To return the car within the period specified in the rental contract
- To pay any fines issued by the Traffic Police and the Police
- To pay all costs in case of an accident or theft (if the VIP Protection option has not been purchased and the conditions of the rental contract have not been met)
- To cover the cost of any lost parts, accessories, keys, documents and registration plates, etc. according to the price list
- To pay a fee for smoking in the car and cover the cost of dry cleaning the interior in case of substantial contamination
- To cover the rental costs for the entire period of non-use of the car, if it is taken off the road by traffic police due to a traffic offence committed by the Rentee
Rental Car Don’ts
- Smoking in the car
- Renting the car to third parties
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Repairing the car by yourself
- Taking part in races
- Towing another motor vehicle or trailer
- Using the car to train inexperienced drivers
- Carrying greater loads and/or more passengers than allowed by factory specifications
- Handing over the car to third parties not specified in the rental contract
- Driving the car off road
- Transporting animals
- Using the car for commercial purposes, paid carriage of people, goods and others
Responsibilities of Renter
- The Renter guarantees the car class. If the Renter is unable to provide a car of the booked class, it must provide a higher-class car at its own expense or cancel the booking and refund the entire advance paid by the Rentee.
- The Renter guarantees that the provided vehicle is in working order, has all the necessary documents, including a registration card and technical inspection card, third-party liability insurance and paid vignette (road tax).
- The Renter must provide the booked rental car to the customer at the pre-agreed date and time, allowing a normal delay of up to 30 minutes.
- In case of a prepaid confirmed booking, the Renter must wait for the customer to show within 4 hours after the pre-agreed rental time. After this time, the booking can be cancelled as a “no show” and removed from the car schedule.
Exceptions are made for bookings made by prior request to an address other than the company office address. In such cases, the Renter must wait for the customer to show within 20 minutes after the pre-agreed rental time. After this time, the Renter does not have to wait for the Rentee. The booking will still be valid for 4 hours and may then be cancelled as a “no show” and removed from the car schedule.
- The Renter or its employees/representatives are not liable for losses (direct/indirect/subsequent) of profit/income or expenses incurred by the Rentee, or for damages incurred by the Rentee or other persons as a result of or in connection with the use, inability to use or a delay in providing a car. The Renter is not liable for missing personal belongings or personal belongings stolen from the vehicle.
Rights of Renter
- The Renter has the right to refuse to provide its services to the Rentee due to security considerations without giving a reason. In such situations, the Renter must refund the customer’s prepayment.
- The Renter has the right to terminate the contract early and have their car returned if:
- The Rentee breaches the terms of the contract
- The Rentee has committed fraud to obtain the car
- The car is abandoned
- The car is not returned within the agreed time and at the place specified in the contract
- The vehicle is damaged
- The Renter or a police officer or another competent authority has reason to believe that the Rentee’s driving (or the driving of the authorised driver) may pose a real danger to themself and/or any other person
All prices include VAT
Customer Support Phone Number: +359 88 444 5055 +359 88 992 5566
To read the full Terms and Conditions, please click here.
Visit our page with Frequently Asked Questions here.